Online Registration (Bears Portal)
- Advising and Registration dates are listed on the Academic
- Students should meet with their faculty advisor during the Advising Period to be cleared for registration.
- Students register for classes using Bearsnet, once the faculty advisor removes the advising hold.
- Adding and dropping classes deadline is on the Academic Calendar
- Students may withdraw from a class after the drop-add period ends by filling out a Registration Transaction Form.
- Once the last day to withdraw, listed on the calendar, is reached the student can no longer withdraw from a single class.
- Students may withdraw from Shaw University, and all of their classes in a semester up to the final day of classes, using an official Withdrawal Form.
Step-by-Step Registration Instructions
STEP 1: Meet with your academic advisor to be cleared for registration.
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR COURSES ONLINE:
Go to the registration portal: https://bearsnet.shawu.edu/ICS/Academics/
- ENTER Username (Student ID number) and Password (Personal Identification Number (PIN), which you were given at check-in, at the top of the web page and choose Login.
- Click on the ACADEMICS tab at the top of the page to access the registration page.
- Click on Add/Drop Courses. In the TERM field choose 2017-2018 Spring Semester
- Select the Course Search tab to see the available courses.
- Once you find the course you want, if it is available it will have a box to the left side of the course which you can check to add the course.
- Then click on the ADD courses button at the bottom of the page. Continue in this manner to complete your schedule. We recommend you add 15 credit hours (12 is full time).
Eligibility for Registration
Eligibility for registration is determined by the following categories:
- New Student - Upon receipt of a letter of admission, the new student is eligible for registration on the stated days of registration.
- Re-admitted Student - A student previously enrolled in the University who was not enrolled during the preceding semester must apply for and be granted readmission by the Admissions Office before being eligible for registration. Visit Readmission page
- Continuing Student - A student currently registered is eligible to register, assuming good standing, and no registration holds.
- AR Hold – Students may not register for classes if they have an AR hold, placed on their record by Student Accounts due to having a balance to be paid.
Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC)
The CRC colleges include Meredith College, North Carolina State University, Shaw University, St. Augustine’s University, Wake Technical Community College and William Peace University. The student starts by filling out the CRC Registration form.
Inter-institutional registration among Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC) must be approved by the student’s faculty advisor and the Department Head. The student is required to meet registration requirements and to follow procedures being used at Shaw
University and the college to be visited. Credit for courses taken at CRC institutions is processed and posted for Shaw University students the same as for courses taken in residence. Full time registration at Shaw University is required for a student
to be eligible to participate in the program