A transfer student is defined as one who has 12 or more transferable hours from a regionally accredited institution. Transfer applicants are required to provide to the Office of Admissions all official transcripts of credits earned from post-secondary
It is the student's responsibility to request that all transcripts and other records be forwarded to the Office of Admissions. Copies of all post-secondary transcripts should be received prior to enrollment. Transcripts received after mid-semester
of the first semester of enrollment may not be processed for advanced standing. Transfer credits accepted for credit toward a Shaw University degree, must be completed at an institution that is, accredited as degree-granting, by a post-secondary
regional accrediting commission, at the time the course work was completed. Exceptions may be allowed at the discretion of the University. Transfer credit is given only for courses in which the student earned a final grade of "C" or above.
To earn a Shaw degree, students transferring from accredited senior colleges:
- Transfer no more than 90 credit hours;
- Complete successfully at least 30 semester hours or one academic year of study at Shaw University
Students transferring from a two-year institution:
- Transfer no more than 70 credit hours;
- Complete 30 semester hours for the associate degree and at least 50 semester hours for the baccalaureate degree, at Shaw University
APPLY AS A TRANSFER STUDENT
- Submit an online application
- Submit a final, official transcript from the postsecondary institution from which he/she is transferring;
- Submit final, official transcript(s) for all other postsecondary institutions attended after high school;
- Submit a background check, if required; and
- Once you are admitted, confirm your acceptance with an Admissions Officer.
These documents, except for the final, official transcript, may be emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered, faxed, or mailed. For all students who are submitting final, official transcripts electronically, they MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our physical/mailing address and telephone number and facsimile numbers are located below. Please include Attention: Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
Only those credits shown as accepted for transfer will appear on the Shaw University transcript. In spite of the number of credit hours transferred or transferable, the student will be held responsible for satisfactory completion of all courses that
are required in his/her major area for the associate or baccalaureate degree.
Transcripts from colleges and universities that are on the quarter system will be calculated to show value in semester hours. A quarter hour of academic credit is equivalent to two-thirds of a semester hour. This means that a course that carries four-quarter
hours would equate to two and two-thirds semester hours, or a course carrying five-quarter hours would equate to three and one-third semester hours, and so forth. This also means that in at least some cases, two courses from a quarter system would
be required to fully satisfy equivalency in semester hours.