WSHA Community Advisory Board
WSHA Community Advisory Board will assist the General Manager through ideas, participation and expertise in the development of the station. This will include the review of goals, programming and policies, building the listening audience, expanding the support base and providing consistent community service.
The Advisory Board will consist of volunteer members who represent the diverse needs, aspects and interests of the Triangle area of North Carolina.
All meetings will be open to the public with advance notice of the meetings announced by the station.
The Advisory board shall comply with all requirements of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting as well as the Federal Communications Commission (Federal Government) and the State of North Carolina as to open records and open meetings.
Based on the regulations of the Federal Communications Commission, the Advisory Board has no authority to exercise any control over the daily management or operations of the radio station. The role of the Advisory Board is solely advisory or engaged in any active role as assigned by the station's General Manager.
The Board shall consist of twelve to twenty one members serving staggered terms of two to three year terms. Board members are eligible for re-election or appointment to an additional term before rotating off the Board for at least one year, after which period they again become eligible for consideration as a Board member.
The Executive Committee consists of the Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, WSHA General Manager and four additional members elected from the Board. It shall meet at the call of the Chair, and shall have full powers of the WSHA Community Advisory Board (except to amend the Bylaws) when acting between Board meetings. All actions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to and/or ratified by the Board at its next meeting.
Vacancies on the Board shall be filled after receiving nominations and/or after extending invitations to constituent group members. The Chair and/or the Executive Committee and the General Manager shall select names that will be presented for appointment by the Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Open Meetings and Announcements
WSHA Community Advisory Board will meet quarterly every year as scheduled. The monthly schedule may be arranged to accommodate the immediate needs of the station and advisory board members.
All meetings are open to the public with broadcast announcements on the air several times within two weeks before the meeting, giving date, time and location. Members of the public who indicate interest in attendance will be given free access to meeting notes, minutes and any other information as they may need in order to participate fully.
All listeners in attendance including the board members shall be required to comply with the protocols of the meeting as directed and supervised by the CAB Chair or designate.
- March 16, 2017 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- June 15, 2017 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- September 21, 2017 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- December 21, 2017 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Each member shall actively attend all meetings and serve on a Board committee. Other than the Executive Committee that is the only standing committee, all committees shall elect their own committee chairperson. All committee actions are subject to Board approval.
Board members who are absent three consecutive meetings will be thanked for their interest and will be informed that another interested constituent will fill their seat. They will also be informed that they will be eligible for consideration for another term after one year. Additionally, any Board member who is absent 50% or more of the quarterly meetings, will rotate off the Board after one year regardless of term and will be informed that his/her is eligible for consideration of another term after one year.
- Conduct a continuing review of WSHA programming and recommend revision/s to the General Manager.
- Conduct semi-annual review of community issues, concerns and interests and make recommendations.
- Review WSHA's progress in serving the educational and cultural needs of the communities covered by the station.
- Engage actively in strategic services and plans as developed by the Advisory Board and management to boost the listening audience, donation and membership base.
- WSHA respects the privacy of our listeners and donors.
- WSHA collects personal identification information for our Membership Data ONLY if the listener decides and chooses to enroll.
- All information collected is secure and used for internal purposes only.
- WSHA does not share, rent, sell or exchange any data about its donors, listeners, guests and general membership with any third party.
WSHA Advisory Board Members
|Deneen Bloom ||Tom Nevlud |
|Dee Darkes ||Donald Reynolds |
|Leroy Darkes ||Dave Sanders |
|Sean Ekins ||Joseph Sansom |
|John Eluwa |
|Colon Willoughby |
|Janet Howard |
|Jonathan Hinton |