Skip Navigation
search icon Open Search Field

Exit Counseling

Any student who is graduating or withdrawing from Shaw University and has taken out a Student Loan through the Stafford and/or Direct Loan program must complete "Exit Counseling".

Note that there are two Exit Counseling processes, please pay close attention to options below to see which is required for you.

  • If you have taken out a Federal student loan at Shaw University for Fall 2010 or any term after that, it was through the Federal Direct Loan Program. Your Exit Counseling requirement should be completed at
  • If you only have student loans for terms prior to Fall 2010 at Shaw University, regardless of your lender, your Exit Counseling requirement should be completed at this to complete your Exit Counseling on line. For your complete loan history needed for the exit counseling, go to the NSLDS web site.

You should contact your financial aid counselor if you have any questions. Our office hours are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.