Skip Navigation
search icon Open Search Field
  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Question Answer
      01. Where can I find the academic calendar?

    Go to or on the University home page click on the Calendars icon.

    02. How do I order an Official transcript?

    Any current or former student at Shaw University can order a transcript through our online vendor National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) The transcript form can also be retrieved at , (form is fillable). Complete and email to and payments can be made through the Cashier’s office at 919-546-8655, weekdays 9-4pm or print and mail. 

    Unofficial Transcripts are available to current students for viewing and printing through the, Bearsnet portal. Log into the student system and under the Student tab, select Grade Report/Unofficial Transcript. Alumni and past students don’t have access, please order an official transcript. Transcripts, either official o unofficial are not available to students who have an Accounts Receivable hold.

    03. How do I order a duplicate copy of my degree?

    Any former Shaw University graduate can order a replacement diploma using the Replacement Diploma form retrievable at (form is fillable). Former students cannot receive a replacement diploma if they have an Accounts Receivable hold on their account. Print and mail in with payment to Registrar’s Office, 118 E. South St, Raleigh NC 2760. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing. 

      04. I plan on taking summer courses at another university.  Is there a form to complete?  In order to ensure you will receive credit, please complete the Summer Study at Another Institution form available at
      05. How do I register for courses for the upcoming semester?
    • Continuing students can register on Bearsnet once they have meet with their advisors and had their advising holds removed. Students will register using Bearsnet self-service account during designated pre-registration periods and over the summer. Students can continue to drop/add classes online through the first week of each semester. The actual dates are recorded on the University Calendar for each semester. (Add/Drop can be found by clicking on the Students tab then Advising and Registration Information and Add/Drop Courses)
    • Incoming freshmen and transfers will register during new student orientation (Detailed orientation information is emailed directly to students from the First Year Students Office.) 
      • Special (non-degree-seeking) students must register in person.
        06. How do I enroll in a CRC (Cooperating Raleigh Campuses) courses?

      In order to enroll in a CRC course, students must submit a completed CRC form available at to their advisor. (Please note: Students must be enrolled full-time at their home institution to register for a CRC course.) 

        07. How do I apply for graduation?  Students must submit a Graduation Application Form, available at to their advisor by the appropriate deadline. 
        08. Where do I find information regarding graduation? By visiting the Commencement website at
        09. Can I get veteran's benefits at Shaw University?

      Yes. You must first submit the application for benefits form 22-1990 to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs online at After you have been approved, bring a copy of the certificate of eligibility to the Registrar's Office, and the certifying official will then certify your enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs each semester that you are enrolled at the university, or until your benefits run out. 

        10. How do I request a student verification (i.e: Enrollment, Non-Attendance, Graduation, Academic Standing)? Verifications can be requested by submitting a completed Certification Services Form available at Enrollment and degree verification can also be ordered from the National Student Clearinghouse at
        11. How do I receive transfer credit for courses? taken at another institution?

      In order for the appropriate departments to be able to conduct a thorough evaluation of transfer credit, information about institutional accreditation, level of course work, grading scales, and units of credit must be available. Generally, this information is included on the transcript key of an official transcript. However, in the event that some or all of this information is not printed on the transcript, students may be contacted for additional clarification or documentation. Transfer credits can only be awarded for courses with final grades posted (no transfer credit is posted for in-progress course work). Once the courses have been evaluated the credits will appear on your unofficial transcript and the equivalencies can be viewed in Bearsnet by clicking on the Students tab then Advising and Registration and Course History.

        12. How do I obtain information from the academic catalogs prior to 2014-15? taken at another institution?

      Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 919-546-6321 or at Someone there will assist you with the information you need.